From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Boycott Systemd
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 21:19:12
1 Damien Levac <damien.levac@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > My humble opinion:
3 >
4 > If people want to work on a project, it is their own decision.
5
6 That pertains to hobbyists. I’m purely a hobbyist, filling timek; I
7 work on what I enjoy. Anyone who argues with that can keep it to
8 themselves.
9
10 But we are talking, instead, about profit and non-profit organizations
11 that have goals and in some cases ask for our donations. Whose goals
12 are being achieved? Are they the FSF’s, or are they Red Hat’s? How
13 much do these goals overlap? Is one organization’s work hindering the
14 stated goals of the other? Is Freedesktop.org serving the community
15 well, or is it dysfunctional? Etc., etc. And are _many_ (not all)
16 Gentoo users caught in the middle of something they do not want to be
17 caught in?
18
19 (My system still is working with OpenRC, so I am not sure how much
20 caught in the middle I am. It is not time to panic.)