From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] paludis Was: glibc-2.6.1 cpu error
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:23:41
1 Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> posted
2 d257c3560710180732t6d270ca1pec4697ea7fc5817a@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:32:11 +0200:
4
5 > i recompiled gcc and used portage and that worked. i think that mine is
6 > a paludis bug. i'll post the bug on the paludis bugzilla. thanks for
7 > your help anyway.
8
9 Thanks for the fix report. You may be right. I've not used paludis.
10
11 Talking about which... does paludis have proper binary package support
12 yet? That's the main reason I hadn't tried it back some time ago (when
13 ciaranm was still a Gentoo dev, IIRC). Portage's FEATURES=buildpkg is my
14 favorite underdocumented power-user portage feature (for all sorts of
15 reasons I could detail but don't really belong in this post), and back
16 then, paludis didn't handle binpkgs at all, let alone have anything as
17 useful as portage's tar.bz2-with-some-extra-metadata-tacked-on binpkg
18 format, so regardless of paludis' other features, there was simply no way
19 I could seriously consider it. Maybe that has changed by now?
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list