From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: glibc-2.6.1 cpu error
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:44:49
1 i recompiled gcc and used portage and that worked. i think that mine is a
2 paludis bug. i'll post the bug on the paludis bugzilla.
3 thanks for your help anyway.
4
5 2007/10/18, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
6 >
7 > Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> posted
8 > d257c3560710171419k6c821d8fm70b60547a38de390@××××××××××.com, excerpted
9 > below, on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:19:40 +0200:
10 >
11 > > i've used the 25th comment command. i've moved the indicated files to a
12 > > backup dir and then done a gcc-config -f x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.1.2 and
13 > > retried compiling glibc but no luck. i've tried with an older version
14 > > and by disabling and enabling ccache but i had no luck.
15 >
16 > If you used the 25th comment command, then you probably got some bad
17 > hits, which would explain why moving them didn't help. Since you say
18 > it's a pretty new system and has never had eselect compiler on it, it's
19 > gotta be a different problem for you.
20 >
21 > Good luck. I'd suggest checking glibc bugs now, and filing one of your
22 > own if you don't find one similar.
23 >
24 > I'm just glad I was able to get rid of such problems entirely, by going
25 > 64-bit only (no-multilib profile). If you can't, you can't, but it's
26 > sure nice when you can. =8^)
27 >
28 > --
29 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
30 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
31 > and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
32 >
33 > --
34 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
40 dott. ing. beso