From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: glibc-2.6.1 cpu error
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:33:47
1 Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> posted
2 d257c3560710171419k6c821d8fm70b60547a38de390@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:19:40 +0200:
4
5 > i've used the 25th comment command. i've moved the indicated files to a
6 > backup dir and then done a gcc-config -f x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.1.2 and
7 > retried compiling glibc but no luck. i've tried with an older version
8 > and by disabling and enabling ccache but i had no luck.
9
10 If you used the 25th comment command, then you probably got some bad
11 hits, which would explain why moving them didn't help. Since you say
12 it's a pretty new system and has never had eselect compiler on it, it's
13 gotta be a different problem for you.
14
15 Good luck. I'd suggest checking glibc bugs now, and filing one of your
16 own if you don't find one similar.
17
18 I'm just glad I was able to get rid of such problems entirely, by going
19 64-bit only (no-multilib profile). If you can't, you can't, but it's
20 sure nice when you can. =8^)
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list