From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdesdk-strigi-analyzer won't build
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:55:48
1 Beso wrote:
5 > ok, i was making some confusion. i have strigi installed but not
6 > nepomuk. strigi has one problem. the old versions (0.5.10) might
7 > result too old for the kde 4.1.1, but the new version needs the latest
8 > cmake version (2.6.1) or else it won't build fine. so you should first
9 > ascertain that cmake 2.6.1 is installed and then try rebuilding
10 > strigi. strigi is one of the basic components required by
11 > systemsettings, kdelibs and plasma for the search to work. if you
12 > still cannot build it, then try adding the following line to your
13 > /etc/portage/package.mask:
14 >
15 > =app-misc/strigi-9999
16 >
17 > this will block the strigi live ebuild and try to build kde4 based on
18 > the old strigi, but i don't guarantee that it will work well with it.
21 Well, I tried that too. I did have cmake 2.6.1 on here, but didn't know
22 if strigi had been built with that version or not, so I went ahead and
23 rebuilt it. I still cannot get the other components (like
24 kdepim-strigi-analyzer) to build however.
25
26 It's frustrating, but I'll just build all of kde4 that I can now and
27 leave the rest until that gets fixed.
28
29 I may report the bug though, although will the Gentoo folks even look at
30 it if it's more an upstream thing from them?
35 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
38 Mark Haney
39 Sr. Systems Administrator
40 ERC Broadband
41 (828) 350-2415
42
43 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support