From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Heads-up: KDEers: Particularly kde3-ers,
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:25:18
1 On Freitag 28 August 2009, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Thu, August 27, 2009 21:14, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Donnerstag 27 August 2009, Frank Peters wrote:
4 > > Also: network transparency.
5 >
6 > mc can do whatever konqueror can, including ftp, ssh, samba, and some
7 > more things that konqueror can't, isos, archives, etc. Oh, and it
8 > actually work, unlike the io-slaves, which works sometimes (or so they
9 > used to, to be frank, I haven't tested intensively these features in
10 > kde4, only superficially).
11
12 oh really? can mc present an audiocd as ogg/mp3/flac/wav files?
13
14 I don't think so.
15 Konqueror can do archives just fine.
16 or encrypt/decrypt files nicely.
19 > > Well, I need konqueror and konsole and their working together. I need
20 > > okular. I love gwenview. And I love the fact that I do not have to learn
21 > > a whole new set of key-combos and config syntax for every single app I
22 > > use.
23 >
24 > It's not a war, they all can coexist. I use fvwm and love mc and bash,
25 > however I also think that okular is probably the best pdf viewer that
26 > there has been in linux, ever.
27 >
28 > But this is really completely out of the purpose of the thread.
29
30 well, I am just saying that even if Frank things highly integrated, code and
31 functionanilty sharing DEs might be superfluos I am thinking the exact
32 opposite.