From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Baselayout 2 (Was: Sun and GPL)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:39:55
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > I don't believe it's stalled now. Among other things, Roy is designing
3 > Baselayout-2 to be friendlier to Gentoo/FBSD. Baselayout-2 is a pretty
4 > recent development, and definitely still masked as it's still in serious
5 > development. (FWIW, I've been running 1.13.0_alphaXX for some time,
6 > since it was hard masked tho it seems to be ~arch now, but I've not tried
7 > 2.0 yet, at all.)
8 >
9 I've got baselayout 2 on my experimental partition (seemed to need it
10 for getting lvm2 to work with root on a logical volume) and it's working
11 just fine. Haven't done much yet on that partition, though, not even
12 installed X.
13
14 Sebastian
15 --