From: "Florian D." <flockmock@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Drive asignments for sata drives
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:37:59
1 ducasse.isidore@×××××.com wrote:
2 > By the way, while trying latest 2.6.20 kernel, my machine couldn't mount my SCSI drive as sda2
3 > anymore... I swear I didn't plug/unplug any device in the meanwhile.
4 >
5 > Got any clue? Is there a magic option to get in a shell and check with genkernel made kernels for
6 > the correct device node? Or a udev initramfs with just a prompt available?
7 >
8 depending on your last kernel, it could be that you're using libata for the first time now, which
9 could lead to a different ordering. did you try it with a current live CD (knoppix, ...) already?
10
11 PS: pls. don't hijack threads. start a new one with your problem.
12 --
13 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list