From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4 desktop effects
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:53:14
1 2008/8/20 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
2
3 > Beso wrote:
4 >
5 >> 2008/8/20 Fernando Boaglio <boaglio@×××××.com>
9 >>>> they need to be enabled from the system settings under the desktop
10 >> option.
14 > I know. But I can't click that option. It won't let me. I only noticed
15 > this after I opened SuperKaramba to load my favorite system monitor and it
16 > warned me transparency wouldn't be enabled because desktop effects weren't
17 > on. So I went to enable them and the checkbox is greyed out.
20 this is due either to the driver not supporting something or some of its
21 misconfigurations or to something missing (protos or libs in xorg-modular).
22 it would be useful to see your xorg.conf, know what driver you're using and
23 what board you're using, glxinfo output and what use confs you have on
24 xorg-server and on your libdrm and x11-drm and what versions of these
25 packages you're using.
28 dott. ing. beso