From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Systemd without migration
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 11:57:19
1 On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 6:12 AM, mr_L4N <serverplus@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I've add rescue in grub2 setting, same error with others many strange
3 > problems, the last with resolv.conf. What's happens? I want to modify it to
4 > add mine dns servers; open the file, modify it, but is impossible to save
5 > because system says "file not exist".
8 Is your keyboard working? Simply by adding rescue to your kernel
9 line? Or did you resolve the other issue (if so I'm curious as to
10 what it turned out to be).
11
12 Are you SURE you were switching to another virtual console earlier?
13 This means text mode with just a login prompt and no x11. If keyboard
14 works with rescue and not otherwise you might still be looking at an
15 x11 console (hit ctrl-alt-F1 to switch).
16
17 As far as resolv.conf goes: If you're using networkd then you need to
18 start/enable systemd-resolved (if it isn't already started), and then
19 do an "ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf" to
20 create it. Most other network managers directly modify the file in
21 /etc, but systemd-resolved maintains a file in /run instead (on the
22 principle that daemons shouldn't be storing temporary state in /etc).
23 Getting the network up wasn't really the purpose of those notes
24 (especially since everybody has their own preferences for network
25 managers).
26
27 > BTW i want to repeat all the step from the first with a new installation,
28 > only a question: why you emerge @world before the kernel? I always emerged
29 > kernel before, but Probably isn't the better choice.
32 That in particular is unlikely to matter. However, I often use a
33 preconfigured world file in new installations that happens to have the
34 kernel in it, so emerging @world brings in the kernel anyway. I do
35 like to update @world before I go installing too much stuff because
36 you create the risk of having to rebuild things if some key dependency
37 gets updated later during the install. Also, I always do an emerge
38 @world, but I don't always install a kernel (such as when installing a
39 container/chroot). So, updating @world is part of the core install
40 process in my thinking, and installing a kernel is just a supplement
41 needed on systems that don't already have a kernel.
42
43 But, again, that detail isn't likely to matter since the kernel just
44 installs a bunch of sources that aren't linked to anything, and even a
45 built kernel is statically linked for obvious reasons.
48 Rich