From: mr_L4N <serverplus@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-amd64@l.g.o" <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Systemd without migration
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 12:17:12
1 No, the keyboard don't working again....
2
3 I'm not interested to have xorg, only a machine that works as i want.
4
5 Il sabato 28 novembre 2015, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> ha scritto:
6
7 > On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 6:12 AM, mr_L4N <serverplus@×××××.com
8 > <javascript:;>> wrote:
9 > > I've add rescue in grub2 setting, same error with others many strange
10 > > problems, the last with resolv.conf. What's happens? I want to modify it
12 > > add mine dns servers; open the file, modify it, but is impossible to save
13 > > because system says "file not exist".
16 > Is your keyboard working? Simply by adding rescue to your kernel
17 > line? Or did you resolve the other issue (if so I'm curious as to
18 > what it turned out to be).
19 >
20 > Are you SURE you were switching to another virtual console earlier?
21 > This means text mode with just a login prompt and no x11. If keyboard
22 > works with rescue and not otherwise you might still be looking at an
23 > x11 console (hit ctrl-alt-F1 to switch).
24 >
25 > As far as resolv.conf goes: If you're using networkd then you need to
26 > start/enable systemd-resolved (if it isn't already started), and then
27 > do an "ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf" to
28 > create it. Most other network managers directly modify the file in
29 > /etc, but systemd-resolved maintains a file in /run instead (on the
30 > principle that daemons shouldn't be storing temporary state in /etc).
31 > Getting the network up wasn't really the purpose of those notes
32 > (especially since everybody has their own preferences for network
33 > managers).
34 >
35 > > BTW i want to repeat all the step from the first with a new installation,
36 > > only a question: why you emerge @world before the kernel? I always
37 > emerged
38 > > kernel before, but Probably isn't the better choice.
41 > That in particular is unlikely to matter. However, I often use a
42 > preconfigured world file in new installations that happens to have the
43 > kernel in it, so emerging @world brings in the kernel anyway. I do
44 > like to update @world before I go installing too much stuff because
45 > you create the risk of having to rebuild things if some key dependency
46 > gets updated later during the install. Also, I always do an emerge
47 > @world, but I don't always install a kernel (such as when installing a
48 > container/chroot). So, updating @world is part of the core install
49 > process in my thinking, and installing a kernel is just a supplement
50 > needed on systems that don't already have a kernel.
51 >
52 > But, again, that detail isn't likely to matter since the kernel just
53 > installs a bunch of sources that aren't linked to anything, and even a
54 > built kernel is statically linked for obvious reasons.
55 >
56 > --
57 > Rich