From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can anyone help please - CD error
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 04:00:35
1 ----- Original Message ----
2 > From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
3 > To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
4 > Sent: Tue, January 5, 2010 3:08:32 PM
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can anyone help please - CD error
6 >
7 > On Tuesday 05 January 2010 07:33:36 BRM wrote:
8 > > There's a kernel driver or application you are missing. I ran into a
9 > > similar error before and it took me quite a while to track it down. Sorry,
10 > > I can't remember what it was that I installed/did to get it to finally
11 > > work.
12 > >
13 > > Ben
16 > I've not seen this before, and mine is working on a system similar to yours,
17 > so perhaps this comparison will help. Here is what I found in my kernel
18 > configs that relates to the CD as far as I can tell.
19 >
20 > CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD=m
21
22 I have:
23
24 CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD=y
25 CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD_BUFFERS=8
26 # CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD_WCACHE is not set
27
28 Also have:
29
30 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=y
31 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD_VERBOSE_ERRORS=y
32
33 But those are not likely it. It's likely with the File Systems...
34
35 > CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=m
36 > CONFIG_JOLIET=y
37 > CONFIG_ZISOFS=y
38 > CONFIG_UDF_FS=m
39 > CONFIG_UDF_NLS=y
40
41 I have all of these as 'y', no modules. Check to make sure the UDF and ISO9660 file system modules are loaded. Your issue may be that they are not being loaded for some reason.
42
43 I also have:
44
45 CONFIG_UFS_FS=y
46
47 While I could be wrong, I believe some CD/DVD producers use the UFS file system on the discs, so while it's not directly listed under the CD/DVD stuff, it may still be important.
48
49 Now this is all on my x86 32-bit laptop but it should still be roughly the same. I do remember having the issue on both my laptop and my AMD64 system (which I don't have on at the moment).
50
51 Any how..there's a few things for you to try.
52
53 HTH,
54
55 Ben