From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: sudden sound loss
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:20:23
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >> I've only ever run alsamixer from the console. I've never used a gui to
5 >> configure sound. It doesn't look muted in alsamixer.
8 > Again, did you actually delete /etc/asound.state and then run
9 > alsamixer again to recreate it anew? When you run alsamixer in this
10 > way once again make sure everything is unmuted and both master and PCM
11 > volumes are up.
12 >
13 > If your version of Alsa changed through an update or this file becomes
14 > corrupted then you can have some very strange results.
15 >
16 > Just for kicks what's in /proc/asound? Do the expected sound cards
17 > show up? lsmod results look reasonable?
18 >
19 > Good luck,
20 > Mark
23 I'm a total idiot. There was ONE option muted in alsa mixer that I over
24 looked. Actually it wasn't overlooked so much that I /thought/ that
25 setting had always been like that. I apologize to everyone for missing
26 the obvious and wasting bandwidth and time. I'll try not to be a moron
27 in the future.
28
29 Sheesh.
33 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
36 Mark Haney
37 Sr. Systems Administrator
38 ERC Broadband
39 (828) 350-2415
40
41 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
42 --
43 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list