From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: sudden sound loss
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:10:06
1 On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > I've only ever run alsamixer from the console. I've never used a gui to
5 > configure sound. It doesn't look muted in alsamixer.
8 Again, did you actually delete /etc/asound.state and then run
9 alsamixer again to recreate it anew? When you run alsamixer in this
10 way once again make sure everything is unmuted and both master and PCM
11 volumes are up.
12
13 If your version of Alsa changed through an update or this file becomes
14 corrupted then you can have some very strange results.
15
16 Just for kicks what's in /proc/asound? Do the expected sound cards
17 show up? lsmod results look reasonable?
18
19 Good luck,
20 Mark
21 --