From: Bob Slawson <bslawson@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Turion64 X2 k8temp temperatures.
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:38:54
1 Ângelo Miguel Arrifano wrote:
2
3 > I made a simple daemon to scale cpu frequency in case temperature exceeds a predefined threshold.
4 > Although my question is if these temperatures looks correct and I should trust them.
5
6 No. These are not _physical_ temperatures and, last time I looked, AMD did not
7 provide a calibration between these and the real world. The numbers seem to be
8 at least 15C above a reasonable CPU die cover temperature on my Opteron 250s:
9 I've seen them hit 80 according to k8temp on a hot day under full load without
10 throttling back whereas 65 C or so is the recommended limit.
11
12 BobS
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list