From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.8 USB Disconnect
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:42:23
1 On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I do not know the cause of your problem, but if it's a machine you can
4 > afford to reboot a few times, I would try doing a git bisect between
5 > that kernel and the previous working one, and e-mailing your results
6 > to the person whose name is on the offending commit.
7
8 Always a good idea. It doesn't always get you to the root cause
9 though - I had a QT/xcb/xserver/mesa issue that I bisected but it
10 seems like the change I found only fixed a bug that apparently was
11 forcing xserver into software rendering mode which masked the error.
12
13 As far as the bug goes - could it be a result of the hardware being
14 told to go to sleep due to non-use?
15
16 Rich