From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Best Desktop Patchset for kernel
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 06:55:15
1 On Thursday 06 October 2005 07:19, Duncan wrote:
2 > Jared Lindsay posted
3 > <e16d914c0510051454w33e6c194i691811cf5a77168@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
4 >
5 > below, on Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:54:38 -0700:
6 > > <br>
7 > > And I don't care a whole lot that nitro is unsupported.&nbsp; The dev I
8 > > asked on the issue simply said they don't want to have to provide
9 > > support for tons of kernel patchsets, which I agree they shouldn't have
10 > > to do.&nbsp;
11 >
12 > That's what I've been saying... The devs have their own packages to worry
13 > about, and GKH has the kernels still there plus being the head driver guy
14 > on the mainline kernel, plus his SuSE stuff (his paying job), and all the
15 > other stuff (stable-line patchset, udev, a bunch of other single-shot
16 > stuff he volunteers for) he does around the kernel, to worry about. The
17 > last thing they need to worry about is a bunch of kernel guys'
18 > ever-changing patchsets, where they aren't judged mainline kernel worthy
19 > just yet.
20
21 he does not have to worry about udev anymore ;)
24 > (BTW, could you please set your client, gmail it would appear, to not emit
25 > HTML in posts to the list? Gentoo doesn't seem as strict about it as many
26 > community lists do, but many consider HTML mail the domain of crackers and
27 > spammers, believing if someone has to use HTML, the real content can't be
28 > worth one's time to read in the first place, and therefore killfile it, as
29 > I do on my mail client. The only reason I see your message here is
30 > because I'm reading the list as a newsgroup, on gmane, not as mail.)
33 well, he sent it as textmail and htmlmail, so everybody can choose, what
34 he/she wants to see.. at least kmail says so, and displayed the text-part.
35 If you hadn't mentioned it - I would not have seen it...
36
37 but in this point, I am inclined to agree... html-mails are usually seen as
38 awaste of bandwidth ;)
39 --
40 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list