From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Best Desktop Patchset for kernel
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 05:22:47
1 Jared Lindsay posted
2 <e16d914c0510051454w33e6c194i691811cf5a77168@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
3 below, on Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:54:38 -0700:
4
5 > <br>
6 > And I don't care a whole lot that nitro is unsupported.&nbsp; The dev I
7 > asked on the issue simply said they don't want to have to provide
8 > support for tons of kernel patchsets, which I agree they shouldn't have
9 > to do.&nbsp;
10
11 That's what I've been saying... The devs have their own packages to worry
12 about, and GKH has the kernels still there plus being the head driver guy
13 on the mainline kernel, plus his SuSE stuff (his paying job), and all the
14 other stuff (stable-line patchset, udev, a bunch of other single-shot
15 stuff he volunteers for) he does around the kernel, to worry about. The
16 last thing they need to worry about is a bunch of kernel guys'
17 ever-changing patchsets, where they aren't judged mainline kernel worthy
18 just yet.
19
20 (BTW, could you please set your client, gmail it would appear, to not emit
21 HTML in posts to the list? Gentoo doesn't seem as strict about it as many
22 community lists do, but many consider HTML mail the domain of crackers and
23 spammers, believing if someone has to use HTML, the real content can't be
24 worth one's time to read in the first place, and therefore killfile it, as
25 I do on my mail client. The only reason I see your message here is
26 because I'm reading the list as a newsgroup, on gmane, not as mail.)
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
32 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list