From: Jared Lindsay <cinder.sub@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Best Desktop Patchset for kernel
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:56:57
1 Yep, nitro is "only" ck + bootsplash + some other stuff. And guess what?
2 That's why I use it, and not ck! I have never had any problems with it, and
3 I find it to be a better patchset than gentoo-sources. I only wish it was
4 updated more often, but the maintainer is pretty busy right now.
5
6 And I don't care a whole lot that nitro is unsupported. The dev I asked on
7 the issue simply said they don't want to have to provide support for tons of
8 kernel patchsets, which I agree they shouldn't have to do. I have also found
9 that a lot of naysayers haven't even used nitro, or only used a much older
10 version, which makes me skeptical.
11
12 On 10/5/05, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>