From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Best Desktop Patchset for kernel
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 02:37:19
1 On Wednesday 05 October 2005 03:37, Jared Lindsay wrote:
2 > I really like nitro-sources. They aren't supported in any official way, but
3 > you can find them in the Unsupported Software section on the Gentoo Forums.
4 > The current release is 2.6.13.2-nitro1 ("Down with latency"), but I would
5 > maybe advise waiting until nitro2 comes out (seppe, the maintainer, said it
6 > would hopefully be soon), as it will fix a lagging issue with the ck5
7 > patchset.
8
9 nitro?
10 aren't that the ones who like to destroy filesystems?
11
12 btw - lower latency = lower throughput = lower overall performance.
13 --
14 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list