From: Jan Jitse Venselaar <janjitse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Anybody else having problems with audio/vidio apps and glibc-2.5?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:33:20
1 On Monday 23 October 2006 19:22, Duncan wrote:
2 > So... kde-3.5.5 with -ftree-vectorize is back in the clear. The problem
3 > is either glibc-2.5 itself, or -ftree-vectorize with it. I haven't
4 > figured out which yet, but I thought I'd post this both as a heads-up to
5 > others and a question to see if anyone else has run into similar issues.
6 > I'll probably followup after I figure out which of those is the culprit or
7 > if it's the combination.
8 You patched your glibc ebuild to not strip -ftree-vectorize ?
9 If so, I'd say that means trouble. I had some trouble with segfaulting apps
10 when I tried a rebuild with this flag. I did not rebuild glibc with this flag
11 however. I'd say -ftree-vectorize with glibc means big trouble.
12
13 FWIW, I have glibc-2.5, everything built with gcc-4.1.1 but nothing fancy in
14 the cflags, and everything runs fine.
15
16 Jan Jitse