From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: routers and mp3 players that do FLOSS Was: slaveryware
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 02:23:37
1 >>> While the HD isn't upgradable, the iRiver H10 line will run Rockbox.
2 >>
3 >> I've been looking at the H10 line, and I /think/ some of them might
4 >> actually be HD upgradable, now.
5 >> Do you know for sure that the current 20 gig (or maybe 30 gig) aren't
6 >> hard drive upgradeable?
7 >
8 > I was at the iriveramerica site earlier this week and remember it saying
9 > neither the HD nor the battery was replaceable. That said, sometimes
10 > official websites give out information the manufacturer *wants* to be
11 > true, so rockbox or other project sites might be better information -- in
12 > any case, the iriveramerica site, after a little bit of fighting, can do
13 > interactively queried about the devices.
17 I got an Archos 504 only to find out that nothing (neither rockbox nor
18 archopen) is close to have something that would potentially work with it.
19 --
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list