From: Paul Jewell <paul@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Wayland and X-Window
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 14:15:51
1 I am also concerned by these developments with the likes of udev/systemd
2 etc, but in the case of xorg isn't the situation a little different? Are
3 the existing developers of xorg developing weyland, or is it a different
4 group? If this is the case, then hopefully the development of xorg will
5 continue allowing those of us who wish, to continue to use it into the
6 future. I hope this is the case, as this, in my opinion, encourages
7 excellence in the code. Having no pressure from an alternative leads to
8 the types of problems you experience with fontconfig.
9