From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Radeon driver update
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 14:18:36
1 Duncan wrote:
2
3 > If you have your old xorg log files or your old xf86-video-ati and
4 > perhaps xorg-server packages binpkged (as you likely will if you run
5 > FEATURES=buildpkg)to downgrade temporarily to and check the log file, it
6 > should list the DPI it was using in the log file. You can of course see
7 > what the current config is using in the current logfile, and compare them
8 > to that 96 or 100 DPI that I calculated, to see whether your old setup or
9 > your new setup is closer to what the actual physical hardware DPI is.
12 Duncan, as always you get to the core of it. As one who doesn't muck
13 with X very often, since I want it to 'just work', and one who hasn't
14 kept up with the latest X developments, I'm curious to see how well X
15 will detect my monitor.
16
17 I went back to the old xf86-video-ati package (binpkg is a godsend, BTW)
18 and my screen is back to 'normal', that is it's the way I'm used to
19 seeing it. I will pull this log file and upgrade to the new package and
20 pull that log file and see what the differences are.
21
22 I will let you know in a day or two how things shake out. Thanks again
23 for all the info.
28 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
29 quadraturae circuli
30
31 Mark Haney
32 Sr. Systems Administrator
33 ERC Broadband
34 (828) 350-2415
35
36 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support