From: Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [100% OFF TOPIC] Where does one learn about running vmware under Gentoo?
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:45:28
1 >Are there any flags in /proc/cpuinfo that show this? The processors is
2 >a 4 year old AMD64. Likely or not?
3
4 Check your bios. If your CPU+board support it, there will be an option
5 to enable-disable it.
6 A 4year old AMD64, something like athlon3000+ ? (which is what I've got)
7 probably won't have it.
8
9 But I'm not sure that you'll need it. I don't use vmware for
10 virtualisation, I've messed with virtualbox which works ok and is very
11 easy to setup, but prefer qemu.Both perform ok, even without 'hardware
12 virtualisation' features.
13
14 I guess you'll just have to go by trial and error, especially when
15 you're depending on using stuff like hardware-dongles.
16
17 Tom