From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Anybody else having problems with audio/vidio apps and glibc-2.5?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:21:31
1 On Tuesday 24 October 2006 01:48, Jamie wrote:
2 > <snip>
3 >
4 > > That's what a backup image, a snapshot of the system taken periodically
5 > > when everything is known to be working, is useful for. =8^)
6 >
7 > <snip>
8 >
9 > A good piece of advice and one that I really should follow.
10 > What is the best way to take an image of the Gentoo install?
11 > In my case my Gentoo install resides on /dev/hda2 (boot) ; /dev/hda3
12 > (swap) and /dev/hda5 (root) - is it possible to use something like dd to
13 > image these partitions to a disk somewhere else on my network? Is this a
14 > good/bad/non-workable idea?
15
16 get a tape drive (dlt is great), tar you system onto the tape drive.
17
18 If something happens, boot a livecd, and untar from the tape into the
19 partitions....
20 --
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list