From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 06:06:27
1 Ok, first, while I appreciate your advice, this is a brand new laptop and
2 there's no way I'm running bonnie++ (that's prime95, right?), or anything
3 with the words "cpu" and "burn" in the same sentence on this thing.
4 Memtest86 might be an option as long as it has no potential to kill
5 anything. I agree, it could be the heat, and that was the first thing that
6 came to my mind, but Vista boots and runs for long periods of time with no
7 issues. I'll check it out with the new kernel in the morning and see what it
8 does.
9