From: Allistar <allistar.m@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: Heads-up: KDEers: Particularly kde3-ers,
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:53:28
1 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2
3 > Jeff Gardner schrieb:
4 >>
5 >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>> I've read this part of the thread with interest. Being a KDE3 user
8 >>>> myself (on AMD64) the one thing I won't sacrifice in the eventual move
9 >>>> to KDE4 is: a triple head setup with 2 separate desktops running compiz
10 >>>> fusion on both.
11 >
12 > Do you use xrandr for that or plain old static layout in xorg.conf?
13
14 No, a static layout in xorg.conf. From what I know, the XRANDR extension
15 doesn't play well with the COMPOSITE extension. Also the XINERAMA extension
16 doesn't play well with COMPOSITE either. (WHich is why I have two separate
17 X desktops instead of one by using XINERAMA).
18
19 >> Multi head is still a failure with kde-4*. As far as I'm concerned, this
20 >> is a show-stopper.
21 >
22 > It is a lot better in recent live-builds.
23
24 Still sounds like it's a show stopper for me. Thanks for the feedback.