From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] xorg DRI setup
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:53:21
1 Beso wrote:
2 > 2008/9/2 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
5 > use the emerge -vp option and see the overlay from which you compile
6 > the package.
7 > portage tells you from which overlay it has chosen the package to install.
8 > for example you find the compiz package in 3 overlays, gentoo, x11 and
9 > desktop-effects and portage would list something similar to the
10 > following:
11 >
12 > # emerge compiz -vp
13 > ----
14 > ---
15 > [0] - gentoo
16 > [1] - x11
17 > [2] - desktop-effects
18 >
19 > x11-wm/compiz [2] USE: aaa bbbb ccc ddd -eee -ffff -ggg
22 > this means portage will install the compiz package from the [2]
23 > overlay, which in this case is desktop-effects.
27 Okay, I'm getting things now. However, I'm still lost on part of the
28 directions you gave me. Maybe I"m just thick. :)
29
30 I've followed the directions down to untarring the x11.tar.gz file. You
31 say to put it in the x11 overlay. I'm assuming that's the overlay in
32 /usr/portage/local/layman/x11?
33
34 I have the keywords and unmasks set correctly (I think). I simply
35 symlinked them into /etc/portage/package.keywords and /package.mask. I
36 know that's not how you suggest doing it, but it was suggested that way
37 in the Documentation folder.
38
39 Here's my biggest problem. With the x11 overlay in place, and the
40 source line in make.conf correct (I just tested compiz as you suggested
41 above with -vp and it is wanting to install it from the correct overlay)
42 when I emerge -vp x11-proto I get an error saying 'no ebuilds to satisfy'.
43
44 Can you clarify that entire paragraph starting with 'You take the
45 x11.tar.gz in attachement'? This is where I'm lost.
50 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
53 Mark Haney
54 Sr. Systems Administrator
55 ERC Broadband
56 (828) 350-2415
57
58 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support