From: Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't Emerge Thunderbird-5.0/6.0
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:09:35
1 On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 18:37 +1000, Lie Ryan wrote:
2 > > Text based torrent clients are great for running on headless
3 > > machines
4 > > in tmux or screen. Fire it up, mount the watch directory with
5 > whatever
6 > > method you prefer, drop your .torrent files in there.. Pretty simple
7 > > imo. So I guess I have an irrational bias towards text based torrent
8 > > clients ;)
11 > Many popular torrent clients, uTorrent and Transmission for example,
12 > can run
13 > a webserver so you can control your download remotely with a web
14 > browser,
15 > see http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/control-torrent-client-mobile-phone/.
16 > Azureus/Vuze has plugins that allow the same thing.
17
18 I guess I'm old school.. And lazy :P Already have the browser open on
19 the page with the torrent, right mouse button, save as, drop it in the
20 directory, done.. I'm glad there's choices for all of this ;) That said,
21 I do use evolution for email.. After years of beating on salesdroids
22 that I wanted no HTML emails, and too many sending HTML only, I caved...
25 Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>