From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Machine recommendations?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:38:02
1 On 03/16/2015 08:31 AM, Duncan wrote:
2 > Thanasis posted on Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:44:54 +0200 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151113
5 >
6 > So it's /not/ a standard ATX power supply,
7
8 If the case has enough space to accommodate it, then all you might have
9 to do is drill a hole or two for the fixing screws.
12 > 2) This PSU /does/ say "super low fan noise" in the specs, and the
13 > reviews seem to agree, tho the noise level in dB isn't actually
14 > quantified for comparison purposes.
15 >
16 > I'd be a bit skeptical of the feature claim on its own without an actual
17 > comparable dB quantification, but the reviews do alleviate my skepticism
18 > somewhat. That may be an additional reason for the price.
19
20 Most probably this PSU is going to be totally silent for you. Why?
21 Take a closer look at the third one image, the small label near the
22 PSU's fan (rotate the image 180 degrees to read it):
23
24 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151113