From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Emerge and Tmpfs
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:10:27
1 On 7/8/09, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > However, I am not clear on how tmpfs will fail. If the tmpfs mount
3 > becomes filled or exceeds the file limit, since it is essentially just
4 > another disk partition shouldn't it produce a "No more space left on device"
5 > error?
6
7 Yes it does. Or at least that's what it did to me last week when I was
8 experimenting something utterly stupid with kernel memory settings on
9 a box with 2GB physical RAM, 8 GB swap, /var/tmp/portage mounted on
10 tmpfs with size=9000M, and trying to emerge openoffice -- while only
11 having compiled a kernel which could handle a maximum of 4GB of memory
12 ... :)
15 Arttu V.