From: anorexicsumo <anorexicsumo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: icedtea6 and seamonkey
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:30:04
1 On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > well, for me icedtea works as long as you remove any gcj from the system and
3 > just compile gcc with gcj use flag, and this will take a very huge
4 > amount of time,
5 > let's say that you could go to town (about 15km of distance) for
6 > christmass shopping
7 > and then get back and you'll still have it working, especially if
8 > you're on multilib.
9 > you'll then need the original sun jdk to compile icedtea6 from java
10 > overlay. if you
11 > follow this and build icedtea6 with sunjdk then it will quite build
12 > and work until
13 > the new java update will be released. just remember that icedtea6 takes a huge
14 > amount of time to build too and i don't really know if it really
15 > worths rebuilding it.
16
17 http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/betelgeuse/2008/12/17/binary_packages_for_icedtea6
20 This just popped up on my RSS reader. The main gist is there is now a
21 icedtea6-bin package in java-overlay. I haven't tested it yet but i
22 now have icedtea6-bin installed. I plan to mess around with it later
23 when I get home and see what I can break.
24
25 I've played with icedtea in the past and managed to get it to work
26 after a long time fiddling with it. Hopefully a binary file will be an
27 easier solution then rebuilding gcc and such things.
31 aim: cyst23
32 email: anorexicsumo@×××××.com
33
34 Make an exhaustive list of everything you might do & do the last thing
35 on the list
36 -- Oblique Strategy #11