From: Craig Webster <craig@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems compiling on Sun Java workstation with dual Opterons.
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:27:58
1 Hi All,
2
3 On 20 Oct 2005, at 01:21, Nestor Camacho III wrote:
4 > Hmm.... this sounds a lot like my problem... I have managed to get
5 > my box up, but I still get the hangs as mentioned in my post
6 > outside of the live cd kernel. I am running an smp kernel. Using
7 > gentoo 2.6.12.r10. I will upgrade to the latest 2.6.13.r3 and see
8 > if that cleans things up.
9 >
10 > thanks for the info. If anyone else has any more please chime in! :)
11
12 I've only just finished installing and am emerging my apps and
13 getting these hangs on 2.6.13-r3 as well. I'm running an SMP enabled
14 kernel although oddly the HyperThreading CPU isn't showing up (it did
15 on the LiveCD).
16
17 Anyone got any ideas what I left out? I can't currently post
18 my .config but will get that tomorrow if needed.
19
20 Yours,
21 Craig
22 --