From: "Juan Fco. Giordana" <juangiordana@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Please suggest settings and flags in /etc/make.conf?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 04:01:33
1 On 01/22/2010 12:44 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > I'm just installing Gentoo on my first new machine in years. Can
3 > anyone suggest which of the CPU flags below might best be added to
4 > make.conf? The machine will be a standard desktop running rt-sources
5 > and stable Gentoo.
6 >
7 > This processor is 2 physical cores with hyperthreading enabled in each core.
8 >
9 > Currently make.conf has only the standard stuff other than me adding
10 > the MAKEOPTS line:
11 >
12 > # These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
13 > # built this stage.
14 > # Please consult /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example for a more
15 > # detailed example.
16 >
17 > ...
18
19 See http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Safe_Cflags
20
21 Also, take a look to what they say about -march=native.
22
23 Regards