From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Boycott Systemd
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 04:32:12
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > Your attempt to dismiss other people's concern with an appeal to authority
4 > > is cute.
5 >
6 > Thank you, I think so too.
7
8 ...
9
10 > I care about technical arguments (which this thread has been
11 > *incredibly* lacking, except for the failed attempts to call a
12 > "philosophy" a technical argument), and the opinion of experts on the
13 > subject.
14
15 ...
16
17 > Canek Peláez Valdés
18 > Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
19 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
20
21 Am I to understand that you are an actual academic and yet consider
22 this kind of speech a reasonable discussion of technical issues?
23
24 It is more like an exchange between political candidates or lawyers in
25 a courtroom.
26
27 This is why I don’t even bother to explain how fontconfig is ruining
28 everything, even though I can do so in exquisite detail.