From: "Åsmund Grammeltvedt" <asmundg@××××.tv>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Missing /root
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:38:16
1 On Wednesday 19 September 2007 18:24:33 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 17:23 +0200, Åsmund Grammeltvedt wrote:
3 > > > However, it may just create it with USE=build. Check the
4 > > > vdb in your stage1 to see what package owns the /root directory.
5 > >
6 > > ccache, apparently. Baselayout _should_ also create /root, but something
7 > > seems to go wrong along the way. I guess I should rebuild and check the
8 > > logs.
9 >
10 > Please do. If you find it to be an issue with baselayout, please file a
11 > bug so we can get it fixed before we start our next release.
12
13 Hm, I haven't had time to actually check if this happens, but the current
14 theory is this:
15
16 Baselayout creates /root, but avoids becoming the owner by
17 generating /usr/share/baselayout/mkdirs.sh and then running it in
18 pkg_preinst.
19
20 When ccache is unmerged at the end of the stage build, it removes /root, since
21 its the sole owner.
22
23 Does that seem plausible?
26 Åsmund Grammeltvedt