From: "Rafael Ávila de Espíndola" <rafael.espindola@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] unmounting a filesystem mounted by /init (initramfs)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:47:54
1 On Friday 29 July 2005 10:26, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > We have no intentions of supporting unionfs support just yet, as it is
3 > still in heavy development and currently *only* usable on a correctly
4 > built Gentoo CD. We definitely won't be supporting it for live systems,
5 > as it isn't intended to be used as such, which is the primary reason why
6 > it *relies* on CDBOOT.
7 >
8 > Now, we're always willing to accept patches, but we probably won't be
9 > investing time into making changes to the code now without them, except
10 > to better the CD support.
11 What do you think about making the linuxrc mount a unionfs with the ro part
12 only and using /sbin/rc to add /memory after starting the /dev management?
13 This will make the memory device available to be remounted ro during halt. Do
14 you consider this to better the CD support?
15
16 Ps.: I know that building a custom system demands the maintenance of some
17 hacks. I don't expect gentoo's scripts to work unmodified, but I want to make
18 the hacks as small as possible and contribute a little bit.
19
20 Rafael