From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst freezes at manual modprobe after emerging kernel-dependent ebuild
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:25:09
1 On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 01:10 +0100, Isidore Ducasse wrote:
2 > fs gets corrupted. I managed to find back genkernel's trace...
3
4 You have something else *seriously* screwed up if a failed module load
5 causes file system corruption.
6
7 I have *never* seen anything like that happen before. I mean,
8 catalyst/genkernel are just scripts.
9
10 Unless you can replicate the bug, I'd probably mark it as CANTFIX, since
11 it is definitely local to your machine, and likely to be an indicator of
12 something much more serious failing/broken.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
17 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
18 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
19 Gentoo Foundation