From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst freezes at manual modprobe after emerging kernel-dependent ebuild
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:56:53
1 I found a way to deal with the 'Updating /etc/modprobe.conf' issue on discussion about bug #117212 : while genkernel was compiling the kernel, I issued a
2
3 ln -s <cd's-kernel-version> /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/default/<my-stamp>/lib/modules/<my-kernel-version>
4
5 and then modprobe.conf was successfuly updated. Seems like the --assume-kernel option of modules-update doesn't work when catalyst needs it.
6
7 But the weird fact is: I made another iso a few hours later; of course I forgot to do the symlink trick. Updating /etc/modprobe.conf failed but catalyst succeeded in manually updating it. Whereas it didn't!
8 I'm really sorry I cannot reproduce the bug. But now catalyst is working perfectly here.
9
10 Hey, by the way I hopefuly didn't file any bug for the 'freeze' problem.
11
12 Just a lexical question: if my filesystem holds errors but e2fsck repairs them, does one still say that it was corrupted? Anyway I suppose there were errors left on it because I had to hard-reboot it... So I didn't think it was neither the modprobe.conf update, nor a modprobe that caused errors.