From: David Bryson <mutex@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:02:25
1 On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 01:55:31PM -0400 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 10:00 -0700, David Bryson wrote:
3 > > You just need to have some process for introducing the linuxrc into
4 > > the catalyst chroot during the build process(which is what I did).
5 > > The code for doing this is in the embedded build type(which I also
6 > > wrote), so you just need to add those bits to the livecd_stageX
7 > > module.
8 >
9 > Just curious, but where is this in catalyst? I cannot find it, but I
10 > might just be missing it.
13 Yeah, i went and looked at my config(just posted as well) and I just
14 passed it as an argument in the "gk_args" section. That required the
15 minimum amount of effort on my part ;-) and trying to get patches
16 applied to genkernel required a bit of persistence to get applied.
17
18 As for the embedded build type that's in catalyst/modules/embedded.py
19
20 *reads some more*
21
22 OK it's all coming back to me now. I added to my ebuild the linuxrc
23 that I wanted, and had it installed in a well known location in /tmp
24 during the emerge process of the catalyst stage.
25
26 Then at the end, when the genkernel bit was run, i added the
27 --linuxrc argument with the well known location(in the build chroot)
28 of the linuxrc.
29
30 > It's already been done, just that it is in CVS HEAD right now and
31 > probably won't be released until after 2005.1 is out the door.
32 >
33 cooooool. :D