From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst 2.0.6_pre9 mksquashfs hangs building squashfs + solution
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:42:14
1 Pongracz Istvan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > This evening I run into a problem, when I built my custom livecd.
5 > It contains an installed and configured postgresql and one of its file
6 > had something, which caused to mksquashfs hanged up.
7 >
8 > So, after I append the -info (mksquashfs argument), I caught a file,
9 > which caused the problem several times.
10 >
11 > After asking my old spanish friend (Manual) and google, I used the
12 > -no-sparse argument to avoid hanging mksquashfs.
13 >
14 > After it I succeed to create the image.
15 >
16 > I am not sure, but it seems, it is safe to use the -no-sparse argument
17 > to avoid some problems.
18 > Just my experience.
19
20 Are you sure it was hung? Was it just trying to squash a very "large" sparse
21 file? Can you give us the URL that gave you the idea to use -no-sparse?
24 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
25 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
26 --
27 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list