From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:09:36
1 Next question: what are the replacements for rcadd/rcdel in the
2 livecd.conf file in the new version of Catalyst?
3
4 My current settings look like this and worked fine in the previous
5 version of Catalyst:
6
7 livecd/rcadd:
8 autoconfig:boot
9 iptables:default
10 syslog-ng:default
11 vixie-cron:default
12 net.eth0:default
13 sshd:default
14 apache2:default
15 ntp-client:default
16 ntpd:default
17 dhcp:default
18 dnsmasq:default
19 livecd/rcdel:
20 bootsplash:default
21 iptables:boot
24 However, in my log file now when I'm building livecd-stage2 I see this:
25
26 WARNING: No value set for key: livecd/rcadd
27 deleting key: livecd/rcadd
30 WARNING: No value set for key: livecd/rcdel
31 deleting key: livecd/rcdel
32
33 and when the system comes up none of my added services are started, and
34 rc-status -u shows them all as unassigned.
35
36 Any help?
39 PS. Chris: this is the kind of thing I meant by "instability"--not that
40 Catalyst was unstable but rather that my build would be unstable
41 when I moved to the new version :-)
45 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
46 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
48 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
49 --
50 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list