From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:36:42
1 On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 18:08 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > Next question: what are the replacements for rcadd/rcdel in the
3 > livecd.conf file in the new version of Catalyst?
4 >
5 > My current settings look like this and worked fine in the previous
6 > version of Catalyst:
7 >
8 > livecd/rcadd:
9 > autoconfig:boot
10 > iptables:default
11 > syslog-ng:default
12 > vixie-cron:default
13 > net.eth0:default
14 > sshd:default
15 > apache2:default
16 > ntp-client:default
17 > ntpd:default
18 > dhcp:default
19 > dnsmasq:default
20
21 Try removing the initial line break.
22
23 > livecd/rcdel:
24 > bootsplash:default
25 > iptables:boot
26
27 > However, in my log file now when I'm building livecd-stage2 I see this:
28 >
29 > WARNING: No value set for key: livecd/rcadd
30 > deleting key: livecd/rcadd
33 > WARNING: No value set for key: livecd/rcdel
34 > deleting key: livecd/rcdel
35 >
36 > and when the system comes up none of my added services are started, and
37 > rc-status -u shows them all as unassigned.
38 >
39 > Any help?
42 > PS. Chris: this is the kind of thing I meant by "instability"--not that
43 > Catalyst was unstable but rather that my build would be unstable
44 > when I moved to the new version :-)
45
46 Understandable. I just don't want to support the older versions and
47 plan on ripping them out of portage and making them unavailable as soon
48 as we stabilize the new version. I absolutely hate having to support
49 already-resolved bugs... ;]
50
51 Anyway, this seems to be an issue with the new code that I need to look
52 into. Thanks for reminding me about it.
55 Chris Gianelloni
57 Games - Developer
58 Gentoo Linux