From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Little help building stage3 (Can't locate Tie/Hash.pm building autoconf-2.65-r1)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:11:40
1 Daniel van Ham Colchete wrote:
2 > And this is the build log: http://pastebin.com/Em8fyRyT
3 > This is my stage 1, 2 and 3 files: http://pastebin.com/bkcuGaP7
4
5 Which version of perl is in the 20101019 stage3?
8 > Tie/Hash.pm is available on my old Perl 5.8.8 installation but it
9 > doesn't appear to be on Perl 5.12.2.
10
11 I've done similar as you, but I tried to take a shortcut and build
12 stage4 directly from today's stage3.
13
14 For the most psrt it works fine, but especially with perl modules
15 there's a twist.
16
17 Portage doesn't know which version of perl that the installed modules
18 were built against, and even if a module was built against an older
19 perl, the dependency on that module is still satisfied, even if perl
20 has been upgraded so that the module cannot be found.
21
22 This happened to me when today's stage3 had one version of perl, and
23 a newer one was in my stage4.
24
25 Rather than doing the correct thing and build my own stage3 like you,
26 I just hacked around it by calling perl-cleaner --allmodules in
27 /usr/lib64/catalyst/targets/stage4/stage4-chroot.sh which is kinda
28 ugly but does work.
31 > So, when building a new stage3 Perl 5.8.8 is not getting there and
32 > I think this is the cause of the problem.
33
34 Again, which version is in your stage3?
37 > The stage1 build failed as well, but when I did a
38 > catalyst -a -f stage1.spec after the failure, the build finished
39 > correctly, so I didn`t want to search for the root cause.
40
41 Leaving unexplained errors is always risky, and can definately come
42 back to bite you later. Do you at least recall how it failed? If it
43 was related to perl then this might still be the same problem, but I
44 don't know if perl is at all involved in stage1.
47 //Peter