From: Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] hang up on generating modprobe.conf
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:38:20
1 >* Warning: could not generate /etc/modprobe.conf!
2 >* [ !! ]
3
4 The livecd's are supposed to be compatible with lots of pc's, makes sense it
5 doesn't generate these configs on the catalyst build. I think this is
6 expected, but i'm a noob.
7
8 >this generating by hand is eating all my memory(2GB phys+2GB Swap) and this
9 >very fast if i dont break with CTRL+C this will stop my pc from working.
10
11 Sorry? I have it too, but the automatic configuration isn't slowing that
12 much. What happens exactly?
15 >livecd/type: gentoo-release-minimal
16
17 This may cause problems in future builds, the behaviour of these types may
18 change and be unexpected since it seems to be for internal use only, judging
19 from my problem for example.
20
22 Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
23 http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
26 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list