From: "Simon Schäfer" <SirTwist@×××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] hang up on generating modprobe.conf
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 00:48:27
1 Am Freitag 06 April 2007 01:09 schrieb Chris Gianelloni:
2 > On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 00:46 +0200, Simon Schäfer wrote:
3 > > two packages ati-drivers and nvidia-drivers and started the buildprocess
4 > > with
5 >
6 > I hope you aren't planning on distributing this CD to anyone.
7
8 nope just for personal use so far
9 >
10 > > catalyst -a -f livecd-stage2-minimal.spec
11 >
12 > I hope you aren't really using minimal as a base.
13 >
14 why not? A base where i can put some stuff on it. what else do i need ?
15 1. a minimalistic linux base
16 2. opengl drivers (autodetected and loaded at boot)
17 3. xorg-x11 (without a windowmanager)
20 > For the rest, I don't know what to tell you. As I've said, the GameCD
21 > stuff hasn't been used in a long time. Basically, once we figured out
22 > it wasn't necessarily legal to distribute the binary drivers
23 > pre-compiled, I stopped all work on the GameCD stuff.
24
25 I have not used any GameCD related stuff like the type or anything. Now I'm
26 trying to build a base system with working xinit
27
28 I've attached the two spec files i used first stage1 to build stage1 then
29 stage2 to build the extended system.

livecd-stage1-minimal.spec text/plain
livecd-stage2-minimal.spec text/plain