From: Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Some easy sugestions to implement, I hope
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:05:48
1 Hi,
2
3 >You're using Gentoo and haven't figured out how to chroot? :-O Please
4 >forgive my assumptions about this, but last time I checked it was still
5 >required to do an installation ;)
6
7 Yes,I don't mean just chroot, but there's more to it to simulate catalyst,
8 like mounting lots of directories and setting environment variables and so
9 on (who knows what it does, I can't read python and I'm a linux noob). I
10 have a script for it, but has some problems unmounting dirs, and is probably
11 incomplete.
12
13 Now take for instance my first problem of all. It wasn't I think trivial,
14 other then the fact it was a known bug (yet haven't found it bugs.gentoo
15 btw). If I could get to the step where it emerges I could guess what it was
16 happening. But who am I to sugest anything, I haven't even made a cd!
17 (though ebuilds/portage is the problem mostly).
18
19 Mind you, I love your app, but it's "as easy as its harder point" -> portage
20 emerging lots of files wo/errors seems almost impossible. I've written
21 dozens ebuilds in the overlay, emerged pkg's on my system. Still having
22 errors. This is normal right?
23
24 >Now I'm just confused!
25
26 lol, it was a stupid error, i wasn't going to expand on it :P simply emailed
27 to some wrong addresses (i think my keyboard is dying), some must've been
28 redirected to his mail.
29
30 Cheers,
31 Nelson
32
34 Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
35 http://search.msn.com/
38 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list