From: Ted Kosan <tkosan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Booting problems
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 06:35:53
1 Luis wrote:
2
3 > I have just changed ir to zisofs but i am it still getting the same error...
4 >
5 > Is it something with my linuxrc???
6 > But It doesn't even try to do nothing with a directory called new.
7 >
8 > The very first script i was using did, but i have changed the
9 > livecd/linuxrc: in my spec and i am using another one...
10 >
11 > Thanks in advanced
12
13 I have been experimenting with catalyst for a couple of months now. After
14 successfully building a LiveCD, I also encountered problems during the boot
15 process and I was unable to determine what was ultimately causing them because
16 I did not have a solid understanding of how catalyst worked.
17
18 I finally decided that the only way I was going to solve the problems was to
19 carefully study catalyst's source code until I understood exactly how it
20 worked.
21
22 This is my third week of studying the source code. I am finally starting to
23 become comfortable with the code and I am ready to make another attempt at
24 creating a LiveCD.
25
26 My thought is that you, myself and any other catalyst newbies who may be
27 lurking on the list should use one set of LiveCD-stage1 and LiveCD-stage2 spec
28 files and work with them until we understand exactly how they are transformed
29 into a .iso image that boots correctly.
30
31 What do you think?
32
33 Ted