From: William Kilian <will@×××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] list replies (was Re: ANNOUNCE: Catalyst 1.1.2)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:08:08
1 I agree that replies should go only to the list and not the list and
2 sender. That's normal list etiquette. I don't get duplicates because I
3 have procmail recipe that catches them all, but I had noticed when
4 Replying to All that sometimes that there were several cc's listed.
5
6 I don't want to start any holy wars about MUAs or list policy, but I
7 think the list should be overriding Reply-To headers.
8
9 I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird with no extensions, and the only toolbar
10 reply buttons or context menu choices I get are Reply to Sender and
11 Reply to All. I.e., I have no explicit Reply to List option. However,
12 Reply to Sender uses the Reply-To address if it exists. My Reply-To is
13 blank and the list sets the Reply-To to gentoo-catalyst@g.o on
14 messages from me. I notice that the list also does this for others.
15 However, the Reply-To for messages from you is not set to the list.
16 There are others whose personal addresses are also staying in the
17 Reply-To. That's probably why I started using Reply-All in the first
18 place. I'd been wondering why I had to fix the headers so often when I
20 Who wants the casual reply to a message from this list to go just to the
21 original sender anyway? If somebody really has a need to email only the
22 original sender, let that person take the extra time to fix the address.
23
24 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
25
26 >Also, if you guys could take the time to select "Reply to List" rather
27 >than "Reply to All" as I am getting the same messages multiple times
28 >from most of you.
33 No virus found in this outgoing message.
34 Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
38 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list